Sunday, August 17, 2008

playing again




Last night I had the happy chance to play soccer with girls I played with in high school. We had a lil' game which pitted alumni against the current varsity team at Timpview. The highlight of the night was when we scored two goals to bring us to one behind: 3-4. Jim brought us off the field and told us to not let our heads get too big because we'd had 13 on the field. I didn't even realize anything, but I guess he made a sub and someone didn't come off that was supposed to. That gave him a good idea because the ref didn't even notice, so Jim purposefully used the same tactic to give us two more players on the field than the other team. So sneaky. After we scored the goals, he restored things to their proper order with 11 playing. It was loads of fun to see the "girls" I played with.


Tomorrow's the first day of school, huzzah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times! I love reunions. And happy first week of school!

Nikki said...

You inspire me Lynny!! I miss you..I wished i could have seen you at State but alas, you were not there. Good luck with school starting..I want to take your class, then you can correct my English. Help me exercise again ok? Deal...Love you friend!