Sunday, February 3, 2013

sleeping in?

The past few mornings I've woken up just before six and found myself unable to drift back to sleep.  My aching hips weren't even the culprit this morning--it was my spinning and swirling mind.

I think about this baby squirming around inside me.  I think about Eamon and Andrew.  I think about all our loved ones.

I think about what E and I are going to do to entertain ourselves (i.e. not die of boredom) this week.  

I think about these lines: "For women giving birth for the first time, labor usually lasts between 12 and 24 hours, with an average of 14 hours.  For women who have given birth before, labor usually lasts between four and eight hours, with an average of six hours" (from my pregnancy bible).  If I was "average" the first time around, I hope to follow the trend this time around.

I think about dumpster diving and how we found a chest of drawers last night outside by our garbage cans.  Score!  We also found a nice tall lamp that works.

I think about this talk about caregiving.

I think about how blessed we are, how blessed I am.  Usually I wish I could sleep until E wakes me up, but I  realize these quiet morning moments also bless me; it's nice to have some space and time to read, write, and think.  I know once this new little one comes, moments like these will be even more rare.  But oh how I can't wait to bask in the presence of such a newly born babe.

Happy Sabbath.

No comments: