Thursday, October 13, 2016

holding hands

Because I want to record and remember:

On the way home from school today E put his right hand on the stroller. His tugging makes it harder for me to push, so I usually try to take his hand in mine instead. Sometimes he lets go instantaneously but other times he will hold my hand in return for a moment or two. This was one of those some times.

We held hands and for several seconds. I relished the hint of a cool breeze, the perfectly warm and cloudy afternoon, the little goose on her bike, the babe in the stroller, and the five year-old boy who will still take my hand in his for brief snatches of time. My sunshine, my darling pie, and my bubby. I would be so lost and lonesome without them. They bring me such joy even when I feel so utterly undeserving of it.

It looks like it has been over a year since I wrote in this space. It truly is the best time of year. October and fall. My baby is now eleven months old and sleeping better than ever, so I am hoping some hopes that I can figure out what to do with all these words that need to get out of me. I miss writing and hope it will start to come back to me as I am diligent and honest.

No comments: