Sunday, December 7, 2008

home two years

So it's Sunday morning. I'm still figuring out what to include in today's Relief Society lesson, but I need a little break. I've been meaning to write on this subject since Thanksgiving because it was that time of year when I returned home from my mission in Ukraine. I've been home for over two years now!

Visiting with Valentina, a Russian woman, Friday night has made me feel the urge even more to write on this topic. I'm not sure what will follow, but this I do know, I think of Ukraine and my brothers and sisters there every day. Usually it's even countless times within a day.

I'm grateful for journeys. Here is a bit of something I wrote in May 2006 (while on my mission):

"Journeys to conquer fear. Journeys to fight for love. Journeys to new countries, different people, strange languages. Where you can't always say what your heart feels and you wish you could speak and be understood. Tall apartment buildings. The inside stairways and us descending, going from door to door to Tell people about what we believe. Boys spit on us. Ladies yell at us. But sometimes, someone's door stays open as they listen to our weak Russian as we tell them about the book we carry in hand. Journeys can last a day or a lifetime. All our little journeys make up one big journey--our journey from this our earthly home back to our Heavenly home."

Even though I'm not journeying in Ukraine anymore, it's still a part of me. And my life still feels like a dream to me as Jacob writes in Jacob 7:26, "The time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream."

I'm living a dreamlife. And I hope I'm journeying how I ought to be. Hope to attain my fondest dream.

This wasn't much, but a nice little diversion. Back to lesson planning. Happy Sabbath!

No comments: