Thursday, December 9, 2010

mouse mover

Most of you, ok, pretty much all of you, probably will have no idea what this is all about, but I'm posting it anyhow. A couple limericks to commemorate this morning's stealthy mouse moving. I dedicate it to Nantsu, Guya, and Bo-Bi.


There once was a girl named Lyn.
Her baby gave her stomach tight skin,
But not to worry,
She still in a hurry
Knew how to frustrate her kin.

See, she set out one morn for a walk,
And stopped by the house for a talk.
She spied the mouse, unmoved, on the wall,
So she jumped, did not crawl,
To move that mouse one more block.

I really think I have a future in limerick writing, seeing as how I whipped these up in less than five minutes. Maybe I just got lucky creative juices flowing the delicious pancakes Pa fed me. I know I don't have the precise syllable pattern down, but whatever. Happy December to everyone. I can't believe we're already almost a third of the way through it. Laters.

I stole the above image from here.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Love it!!! We had one of those growing up! I think my mom still has it. :) You still waiting for that babe of yours??? Fun times. Tanner's birthday is the 13th and Taylors was the 4th...Ryans was the 3rd... December is a busy month for us, too!!!

jAmiE Hubbard said...

So fun to catch up on your blog! Just reading through all your posts. I love your writing style and secretly wish that words flowed for me as easily as they seem to for you. Can't wait to hear the news about Baby Smith!

Andrew said...

I wish I had been there to see Josh's face. Are you having attractions yet?

Brooke S. said...

I had one of these growing up!!!!