Sunday, November 28, 2010

today

Big fat flakes of snow cover up the driveway we've already gone over once. It's a beautifully white Sunday morning.

A year ago I was counting down the days until I left to see Rew in Jerusalem. And now? Just wondering when this baby of ours will arrive. There's no counting down of days because he could come in five days or twenty. So there's no counting. But there is a lot of excitement and bewilderment; sometimes I still can't believe it's really happening--I'm going to be a mom. Wow.

I got to see some lovely friends yesterday--all friends because of our Russian speaking missions. It was fun to be with them and talk with them. They all gave us wonderful gifts for Baby. We've been so spoiled by people giving us gifts.

I started off yesterday with a nice solo walk. Well, it was solo for the first ten minutes. After completing a hill before some flat and down, I gave Si a ring. She was in DC and en route to taking Eli to the playground. We talked about our Thanksgivings, among other things. I got to hear Eli say, "Thomas." He's in love with trains and knows all the names of the train characters associated with Thomas the Tank. It makes me wonder what our little one will fancy.

Well, that's all for now. Happy snowy Sabbath!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful day yesterday, I am so excited for you and love you darling.