Sunday, April 3, 2011

sabbath thoughts

After two unbelievably warm days, the great outdoors had a foot of snow waiting for me this morning. I love shoveling. I love shoveling even more when the morning is more than gorgeous. White clouds layer upon the blue sky as it turns golden with the rising sun. Perfection.

Sadness, though, is the big tree branch that was felled at my parents'. They've been in California for several days and won't get back until tonight, so I headed down the hill to give their driveway a good shoveling as well. The snow must have been too heavy for the branch. I guess it's more of a limb. It was the second biggest limb and now it has broken off, leaving the tree looking wounded and lopsided.

Today, some years ago, my best friend was born to my grandma. I still get a kick out of the fact that my best friend is my aunt. What does "best friend" mean anyway? I have several best friends. So I hope none of my best friends feel slighted when they hear me call someone else my best friend. Sierra and I go back the longest, though. She's only eight months older than I am and always put up with my bossiness. She's a gorgeous woman inside and out. She's hilarious and I love her latest stunt about challenging spring. I miss her too much. I wish she, and her cute, blossoming family, didn't live all the way across the country. But I still wish her happy birthday all the way from here. I hope spring comes soon for her.

Looking forward to more wonderful Conference participation. Laters.

1 comment:

sierra said...

thanks for the words bestest friend. sure love you. wish i was near you!