Monday, May 26, 2008

happy day

Mountain biking + rock climbing = one blastedly swell day (for me).

I didn't have school today because of the holiday (Memorial Day), so that was already a happy way to start the day. I woke up to the sound of rain and thought perhaps we wouldn't end up going biking. I'd been invited by my friend, who also happens to be my old roomate's boyfriend. But the rain didn't stop us. I went with this friend and my old roomate's little brother.

We cruised around Lambert Park in Alpine in the rain. It was quite the mudfest. I thought of e. e. cummings' clever word mudlicious several times whilst biking. I'm grateful for the guys' patience with me; it was only my second time mountain biking. My dad was so kind to let me borrow his bike. I like mountain biking and I hope to get better at it...

As for the rock climbing, I bummed along again with this friend and a few others. We went up Rock Canyon. It was my first time climbing on real rock. I've bouldered before and have climbed at the climbing gym. This was sweet stuff. Our adventure got cut a little short by an entrance of rain and hail, but it was still so superb.

I'm lucky to have such kind friends!

And now it's off to four more days of school till summer vacation....

Wish I had pictures to post, but I didn't take my camera. Scandal, eh? Laters.

No comments: