Sunday, May 11, 2008

a story for sunday


I'm subbing in Relief Society today and I'm trying to work through some of the things I want to highlight in the lesson. The lesson is about the Priesthood.

Here's a little story I'm thinking of sharing:

My companion, Sister Tislenko (pictured with me), and I taught a girl, Nastia, who lived about an hour away from our area. We would go out to the little branch, Bogatoe, that met about 10 km away from where she lived. This branch is made up of a family of six (the dad's the Branch President), a couple, a mother and son, a grandma, and a few others. Usually about 12 people would attend sacrament meeting. I remember being there one Sunday. It was rainy and cold. We had to wear our coats inside the little building to keep warm. I remember that the two men who blessed the sacrament were also the ones who passed the sacrament. It was so special; it seemed so simple and yet more powerful than any ordinance in which I've taken part. It couldn't have lasted five minutes on the whole. I felt the Spirit strongly. I felt my testimony grow that the Priesthood truly is the authority to act in God's name. I felt such peace. I wrote in my journal that the branch felt homey. I knew I was in the right place.

So, a little trip down Memory Lane. But this I believe: I felt peace that day. Those beautiful people are my brothers and sisters. I miss them madly. They live the true gospel and receive blessings of joy and happiness because of it. I believe this with all I am.
I think I'll post the poem I wrote about this lovely family of six on my other blog I started this last week. Most of you who happen to read this blog have probably already read/or heard it, but I'll put it on there anyway.

Hope the lesson goes well. This will be my second time teaching Relief Society. We'll see how it goes. Laters.

No comments: