Monday, June 2, 2008

summer!!!


Well, it's official. School's out. I don't know how more excited I can sound. I'm really looking forward to having fun and enjoying the break.


I kicked, or rather pedaled, off summer vacation Friday with a rigorous ride up to the Squaw Peak overlook with And. I'm proud I stayed on my bike the whole way. That's a picture of us at the top. The rush down was probably the best part. We even passed a car on the way down because we didn't want to be behind their slow, red, brake lights.


I also have had the chance to swim outside three times now. It's so lovely and peaceful to train under the sky instead of buzzing white lights.


My first triathlon is this Saturday. I'm off to purchase a wetsuit today as that's a requirement for this event. I'm both nervous and excited for the race. It's nice to train towards something.


Well, happy summer!

3 comments:

Julie said...

WOW - a triathalon - good for you! Love the pic with Andres and YES, come visit us if you're not too busy training. The kids are out of school Thursday and we're around - give me a call :-).

Julie said...

um, that would be Andrew . . but I i'm really liking the ring "Andres" has to it ;-).

Nikki said...

hey lynny! fun to find you on here. looks like you're having fun! always so full of adventure- pass it on to me, please? hope you don't mind if i link to your blog so i can keep in touch better...