Wednesday, April 29, 2009

when the tears come streaming down your face

Missing Ukraine.

I always miss it, and by Ukraine, I mean this and more: friends, hugs given so freely, babushki sitting roadside, fields of sunflowers, smiles of little ones on the metro, cups of tea, conversations shared on courtyard benches, street sweepers...

I could go on and on.

I ache for this home of mine from which I'm so far away. This aching was triggered more than usual last night at a stake auxiliary leadership meeting. After said meeting my chin quivered (and my eyes lost more tears than they have in quite some time) as, and after, my dad showed me the trailer for "The English Surgeon." The trailer invited my tears, but it was more where my mind and heart headed after seeing images of Ukraine and hearing beautiful natives speak. It took me back, but I wasn't really back. And it's much more. I can't explain it all right now, but it has much to do with feeling like I'm a force for good in the world.

My dad, mom, and And heard about "The English Surgeon"on Radio West yesterday, and I will listen to it as soon as I get the chance. Hopefully I can make it up to SL to watch it Monday night. Yes, please.

Many emotions coursed through me last night and continue to do so this morning, but I must be about my school duties, so that's all for now.

Wish me luck with 12 hours of school today; hurray for Parent Teacher Conference (the last one of the year!).

p.s. I stole the sunflower picture from here, where there are a lot more pretties of Ukraine.

No comments: