Tuesday, July 21, 2009

one more year as a teenager

It's my sister's birthday. Happy birthday Guya! You're far away in Mexico. Hmmm, perhaps this is a trend I ought to follow; Andrew was in France for his birthday and now Nat's abroad too. I doubt I'd be able to manage escaping to somewhere far away with my birthday being in the middle of the school year. I can always hope, though. Oh, but here I go like usual, talking all about myself--chatterchatterchatter. Let's celebrate the beauty that is Natalya.

Natalya glows. She also knows how to cast a shadow upon Josh. It must be said that he chooses to live in shadow, though, and it's not all her doing. Isn't she simply lustrous here?

Natalya plays nicely with her siblings. Yes, yes, I know she's 19 now and that's to be expected, but it still does make her a very good girl.

Natalya is pensive, thoughtful, contemplative, ruminative, cogitive, and wistful. (Notice: she's glowing once again.)

Natalya has no fear of mounted antlers. She also knows how to zip and unzip her jacket.

Natalya will kiss giraffe statues with me--now that's love.

Natalya is modest. See how she so delicately covers herself up with her coat?

Natalya has gorgeous hair. Sometimes it's long and sometimes it's not.

Natalya is an expert at Sunday walks. If you ever need a companion on a little walky, pick her.

Natalya knows how to take self-portraits. I could post a whole slew of them, but I wouldn't want her wrath to fall upon me. But this is her birthday, so let's all pretend that she has no way of having any wrath at all (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, you know what I mean, you know what I mean).

Natalya smiles. And just as she harbors no fear for mounted antlers, she has no fear for bald little brothers.

Happy birthday darling sister of mine!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I used to wonder what I'd be like when I was old and 20...hmmmm...now our younger siblings are "old" and in their twenties! If our sisters are growing up this fast, does that make us old???

Happy Birthday, Natalia!

Anonymous said...

I love Natalya. What a lovely post!