Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sabbath thoughts

Happy Sabbath!

I'm teaching in Relief Society today and the lesson is about Relief Society itself. One of the quotes I found powerful is something Emma Smith said:

"We are going to do something extraordinary."

We are.

I am.

You are.

I know this quote was given in direct relation to Relief Society, but I think one can employ it elsewhere also.

One way we can do something extraordinary is by helping others do extraordinary things. Yesterday I competed in the Yuba triathlon. It was one the happiest races I've had. Why? Well, it's a tri, first of all; it's a given that I've fallen hard for tris. But one of the main reasons was that I decided to say, "Nice job," to every runner I passed by. We had a fairly long out and back, so I was able to see runners who were ahead of me and behind me. I so enjoyed encouraging my fellow racers. It made the run sail by a lot more quickly for me. Those I encouraged helped me do something extraordinary. Smiles shared have such a strong force.

Counting my blessings. Today I'm grateful for:
  • Love.
  • Support.
  • The peace that comes through temple attendance.
  • My healthy body.
  • My family.
  • My dear dear friends.
  • Music.
  • Hymns.
  • Prayer.
  • The Spirit.
  • Heavenly Father.
  • Jesus Christ.
  • New adventures.
  • My students.
  • September nights.
  • Memories.
  • Walks.
Well, that's all for now. I had originally titled this "a Sabbath thought," but one thought would not do today. There's too much for which to be grateful. Loves!

1 comment:

Chels said...

Thanks so much for the lesson, it was so good :)