Wednesday, September 2, 2009

tradition? september's first day

I so much liked listing what I did 1 August that I'm doing likewise for September's first day. I doubt I'll keep this up month after month, but I had such a great day yesterday I thought I'd write about it. It was one of those days I looked back on at the end and wondered how I'd been able to do so much. One reason I had such a great day was that I actually followed through with my plans. So here goes:
  1. Wake up half hour before alarm
  2. Pray
  3. Read/study/think: scripture time
  4. Ponder on peace
  5. Make lunch and snacks (yes snacks, because I do have "hunger management problems")
  6. Eat cheerios with raisins
  7. Gear up in Dad's reflective vest, new tail light, and headlamp
  8. Pump up tires
  9. Hop on bike
  10. Ride, ride, ride
  11. Arrive at school
  12. Enjoy a full, wonderful day with sophomores
  13. Read from Light from the Yellow Star
  14. Begin Night
  15. Evacuate for fire drill
  16. Back into bike clothes
  17. Mount bike again
  18. Feel free without backpack's weight
  19. Ride from school up the canyon for a longer ride
  20. Arrive at Vivian Park
  21. Refill on water
  22. Head home
  23. Feel strong
  24. Turn in at home
  25. Drink more water
  26. Eat some cantaloupe
  27. Shower
  28. Attend temple
  29. Think
  30. Feel calm, joy, peace
  31. Step out of temple
  32. Still feel peace and happiness
  33. Head home
  34. Dinnertime
  35. Talk with the family
  36. Wash dishes
  37. Call friendlies
  38. Draw with sidewalk chalk
  39. Talk with lovelies
  40. Unsuccessfully ward off mozzies
  41. More talk
  42. Pray, ever so gratefully
  43. Sleep

Yes, a mighty fine day. And just think, each day that follows can be even more grand. I'm most likely sounding rather cheesy, but I'm loving life right now. I love that my students are so wonderful. They make coming to school not seem like the burden I sometimes let it seem like. I really look forward to teaching and being with them.

OK, I must finish getting ready for today.

Laters.

2 comments:

Rachel Leslie said...

hey where's your g-chat with Rachel Donaldson Cranney? JK, I'm glad you could have a lovely day despite such down time.

Julie said...

This post brought tears to my eyes . . . wishing I was there with the sidewalk chalk, chatting away about your day, and basking in the warmth of your soul. Miss you more than ever!