Tuesday, October 13, 2009

lunchy lunch musings

So some of the kidlings (students of mine in the period I'll be teaching in about 20 minutes) weren't too lovely for the substitute teacher last time. Sad. Yes, I know. I'm trying to figure out what to say to them. It's not the happiest thing to point a finger at them. I hate it! It was only a handful of students acting up and I don't want to make the good kiddos feel badly. I guess we'll see what happens. Meh. The joyous joyful joys of being a teacher.

What else do I feel writing about this splendid Tuesday? I promise to write more about my engagement and how everything has happened, but I wouldn't be able to do that in 15 minutes. I need a bit more time. I will say, though, I'm oh so lucky and blessed to have found a new best friend in Mr. Smith.

He makes me so happy.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

oooh! Congratulations! Can't wait to 'read' all about it. :) Disciplining / reprimanding misbehavior is my least favorite thing as well...good luck! (Make them write a lovely note of apology. :) )

Crystal said...

I hate that part too! Why can't it all be just teaching and learning and rewarding. . . I admire you for being a teacher. And what about Mr. Smith???

Anonymous said...

GAH! i CAN'T WAIT FOR DETAILS!

Kacey said...

analyn, i just so happened to blog stalk you from shannon's blog...

congrats on your engagement! i'm so happy for you.

and good luck with those trouble-makers :)