Tuesday, December 15, 2009

some choice words

written on a poster board for me because I'm leaving my students:
  • "Have fun. Don't die." (I was very suspicious of Rachel D. C. having whispered these words into this student's ear.)
  • "I am gonna miss you and your terminator sunglasses. You are awesome."
  • "Thanks for introducing me to Ender's Game! :)"
  • "Yo. You were the only English teacher I was able to understand."
plus more...

One kind student got everyone to sign it. She wrote, "I made this poster to show my thanks and to tell you how much I'm going to miss you!"

I feel loved. I am loved. I'm grateful for happy moments that make me feel like I'm actually making a difference for good in the lives of these kids. It's kind of too bad that it takes me leaving to get me to more fully recognize this. Oh well...

In other news, ahem, in countdown news, I only have six school days till I fly over the ocean to my loveliest love! I have to keep busy or else I turn into the biggest daydreamy fool. So it's time to finish up today's lesson planning.

Love, peace, and happiness.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Привет, ты же знаешь русский, да?
Мне очень нравятся твои блоги!
А где ты преподаёшь английский?

Crystal said...

Don't you just love it when ALL of the work you put in seems to make a difference!