Thursday, November 4, 2010

books

So I bought some books. Two of them are for book group nights coming up and one I've wanted to read for a while now. I splurged so I could mark them up if I wanted and I won't have to worry about returning them to the library. My hope is I'll manage to master nursing well enough to be able to read at the same time, so that's another reason. I hope they're good reads. We'll see. Anyway, here are them books:




Crossing to Safety
by Wallace Stegner

The Space Between Us
by Thrity Umrigar

The Help
by Kathryn Stockett

Images taken from here, here, and here.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I LOVED "the HELP". It was fabulous! It was one of the first books I read after having Kortlen...so lots of nursing time. LOL!

Jess said...

I loved The Help as well. I thought it tackled a well covered topic with a fresh lens. Can't wait to see lots o' pics of a mini Linny.

Julie said...

Oh, Analyn, "Crossing to Safety" is one of those novels that speaks to the heart - a book I read every few years because it means so much to me. I hope you like it, I have a hunch you will. "The Help" is another gem . . . you won't be able to put it down! Good picks - let me know what you think of the other book :-).

Brooke S. said...

Oh! I really want to hear how you like them. I'm looking for a new good book. Best wishes with the baby!