Wednesday, September 7, 2011

september

It's my absolute favorite time of year. The nights cool off and leave the mornings precisely how I like them. The days warm up pleasantly and don't become unbearably hot. For me, it's perfect running and biking weather.

I have my triathlon coming up on Saturday. I signed up for the olympic distance several months back. I was optimistic I would have loads of time to train and get in tip-top shape. Problem was I didn't have as many chances to hit the pool or bike as I thought I would; swimming and biking are a bit impossible with the wee one, especially since we don't have a bike trailer. We do have our nice jog stroller, though, so I've done a lot of running, hiking, and walking. Anyway, I started to stress out about running a 10K after biking 24 miles. It just wasn't sounding fun to me. So I've now got it sorted out that I'll be doing the sprint distance. I'm feeling a lot more excited about it. I know I still won't be super speedy or anything, but it will be fun.

I haven't been reading much of late. I started a Brandon Sanderson book before Hawaii, but haven't gotten back into it yet. I want to, but we've been trying to get Eamon back on schedule and have simply just been busy with other things.

We've been enjoying heaps of tomatoes, carrots, and squash from our garden. I love picking something off the vine and eating it soon thereafter. It's just magical.

I started coaching again yesterday. It's fun to be back on deck. The real experiment will be today when I take E to practice with me. Yikes! I really don't know what to think. We had all of August off and I didn't have to take him too much in July. He's moving a whole lot more than he was back then. I think we're going to have to figure out a babysitting solution for the days Andrew teaches, but we'll see how today goes.

We took Eamon for his first swing and slide rides this past weekend. It will be fun to see him start to enjoy playgrounds more.

Well, that's all for now. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good Luck on the tri!! You are always such an inspiration. Btw, we have a bike trailer we were going to sell for cheap - you can seriously just have it - come anytime and take it . . . just in time for beautiful fall rides :-).

The Cantera kids were practically raised in the trailer - we would love to pass along the legacy to Eamon!!