Thursday, September 15, 2011

tri tri tri

Had a lot of fun Saturday. It was my first race in two years, thus, obviously, my first since birthing my firstborn.

The swim was actually the roughest part because I've been in the water fewer than ten times this whole summer. The bike wasn't too bad, and the run was probably the best because that's primarily what I've trained.

I love competing. I let out a couple war whoops on during the bike portion because I was just so excited to be pushing myself in a way I hadn't for a while.

Yuba really is the perfect triathlon. It's not killer hot because it's in September, nor is it stinking cold.

In other news, my baby has been out just about as long as he was in. Crazy!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

you rock. Someday...I'll do a tri. Someday. LOL! My first born just started swimming last march...diving in the deep end at practice today was awesome to watch and doing his first meet in a month! Ack! Where does the time go?!?!?

I read your blog all.the.time. Hope you're doing well!

Deanna