Monday, January 19, 2009

getting my fix

I have an addiction. Well, I have many an addiction, truth be told. But this addiction seems to control my life more than the others. I don't know if it beats out my inclination towards food (ask anyone in my family how irritable I become when I'm hungry, grrr), but exercising is something I simply have to do.

I wanted to write this post Saturday because I felt I really "got my fix" for the day, but haven't had a chance till now.

My day started out with something completely new to me in the exercise realm. I tried out some yoga. I didn't really know what I was doing, having never done it before, but it seemed nice and I enjoyed spending time with my aunty.

The rest of my fix came a little later in the day after I layered on many clothes to brave the cold air on my bike. I haven't been on a long ride since the beginning of December. I biked 35 minutes (ok, it's not that long of a ride, but I'm counting the ride back, so just hold up a bit...) to Lindon to my indoor soccer game. I played a happy game of soccer. Sadly, we didn't hold onto our undefeated season when our game ended in a tie. I did score two goals, though. Ah, I love scoring; it's the best feeling. My goals came off great assists and I'm glad my teammates trust me enough to pass the ball to me when I'm in front of the goal. It's just such a rush to put one in the net. After my game, I hopped back on my bike. My legs were a little tired on the way home, but it felt good to push through the weariness.

My day was complete, well, almost. I didn't leave myself enough time to write in my journal. So I guess there's yet another addiction--writing. Too much good in this beautiful world! What a blessing.

And watch out, I gave into the climbing bug and bought a pair of climbing shoes Friday. (I seriously don't ascribe my purchasing shoes to a little insect; I take full responsibility to caving into yet another lovely activity.)

No comments: