Tuesday, January 6, 2009

confession:

Sometimes I write emails to myself. Is that weird? Probably, eh? But I suppose weird people do weird things, so that would be no surprise coming from me.

Sometimes I do it to encourage myself. Sometimes I do it to record information I know I'll forget otherwise. Sometimes I do it to jot down story ideas. Sometimes I do it to recall events. Sometimes I do it real quick-like on my prep hour because I just need something to get me through the day (this usually falls under the category of self-encouragement).

I wrote myself an email today during prep. I didn't want to forget the conversation that took place in less than a minute. My self-addressed email follows:

standing in the hall today (6 january 2009) between first and second hour. _____ sees me before going to math. she says that her grandma is now reading pictures of hollis woods. she'd told me previously that her mom was reading it after she read it. so yeah. she pulls out the moral compass: stories for a life's journey to lend to me. she says her mom said i should read it. oh happiness in my heart.

the sharing of books.
of stories.
of life.

it's things like that which "make my day." which make my day as a teacher because some days i have no idea what i'm doing here. argh. now off to grading persuasive essays. my not so favorite pastime, but must be done.

laters,

from lyn to lyn

No comments: