Tuesday, January 20, 2009

web of faith

My dad shared this quote with me yesterday. It comes from Terry Tempest Williams' latest book Finding Beauty in a Broken World. I read the first ten pages this morning whilst eating my bowl of cornflakes and hopefully I'll be able to sneak enough time to make it all the way through. Also this morning, I returned a stack of eleven books to the library; I started six of them and only finished four. I would have liked to have read all of them, but it didn't happen.

Back to Williams. Here's a paragraph of her writing which touched my dad and, in turn, me:

"We live our lives looking for that golden thread we can follow to the next clearing of light. It is momentary. We are caught in the recognition that we are not alone but belong to a quivering web of faith" (383).

I'd like to write more about my feelings on this but I must finish planning for the day so just let those words sink into your heart a little. I am not alone. We are not alone. We belong. Faith.

No comments: