Saturday, November 28, 2009

papi

Well, I never did anything fancy on here for my dad's or Josh's birthdays because I was in California that weekend. So I thought I'd write a little about my dad.

The above picture was taken just last week on a little jaunt up Squaw Peak road. I'm grateful my dad will always adventure with me. Of late, our adventuring has taken the form of bike riding. In the past it has included hiking and camping, among other things.

Dad's also the greatest cheerleader ever. He always supported me in soccer and swimming. Now he's quite the stalwart in coming to my triathlons and helping me out. So kind of him. Granted, I've only done five, but he was there for my first four. It's so nice to have someone cheering me on. (Don't worry about him not coming to my fifth one because I had the lovely Mr. Smith being ever so kind and supportive.)

Lastly, my dad's slightly crazy. Here's a picture of him taken Wednesday. This is after he fell off the tree and onto the tree. He bruised several ribs in the process. I can empathize with how much it hurts, but I'm still bad because I have to laugh at his pained face every time he coughs, sneezes, or laughs. Injured ribs are not pure bliss. Hopefully he'll heal up soon.

Huzzah for such an amazing father!

No comments: