Sunday, November 15, 2009

what have i done for someone today?

I served with a really wonderful couple named Elder and Sister Ray. They were in my last district in Simferopol, Ukraine. They are some of the loveliest and dearest people I know. Well, they're back at it and serving again--this time in the Russia Samara mission. I had to share a paragraph from their most recent email. I hope they won't mind. This little story is just too beautiful that I couldn't help but share it:


"There is one last story we want to tell you. We had a couple get baptized last Sunday. Before they came to the baptism, however, they went out to a village and bought meat to give to poor people to show their gratitude for finding the Gospel and being baptized. This is a couple that has very little, but they still wanted to share. When the baptism was over, they drove around their neighborhood and handed out the meat to those who needed it. There are so many people better than we."


As President Monson asks us to ask ourselves, I echo, "What have I done for someone today?"


Happy new week!