Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"dragons can be beaten"

So, I was chatting online after school yesterday with Rachel. Here's a snippet of our 333 line chat (hopefully it's of no significance that half of 666 equals 333):

Rachel: you're always READING
i'm jealous of you
me: i read instead of watshing tb
watching
Rachel: tb?
tv?
me: tv
sorry

Apparently my reading habits have a hard time translating directly into grand literacy skills. I was pretty sloppy on the keyboard yesterday. That aside, if possible, I actually have been treating myself to some good reads of late. Last night I started and finished within an hour and a half Coraline.

I want to see the film and my cousin and aunty told me I needed to read the book beforehand. I listened to their advice. It was a good book which filled me with the creepies and made me cheer for brave Coraline. I especially like the quote at the beginning of the book:

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

-G. K. Chesterton


Happy halfway through the week! Back to grading and planning for me. Midterm grades get downloaded today and I've late work to trudge through.

Oh, War Music came in the mail yesterday! So more happy reading for me.

No comments: