Wednesday, February 18, 2009

leprechaun report

No, it's not St. Patrick's Day. I'm talking leprechauns because we ventured into a canyon in the Leprechaun area. This lovely canyon is found about 28 miles away from Hanksville (Utah). Here's the group before even getting to the mouth of the canyon.

Somewhere in the depths with Angie and Lauren.

The whole group.

My tongue and Nate's leg.

Simply put, this was a much needed day for my soul. There's something magical and powerful about red rock. My eyes behold glory as I admire the twists and turns and ripples in the rock. I soaked up the sun as the temperature rose to a rosy 62 degrees. I started the day with my fleece, thermals, and hat on, but soon warmed up to feeling comfortable to just my tee on top. Sigh, a foretaste of summer's plentiful warmth. I really am a child of summer. I'm grateful to have such good friends who have good friends. Beforehand, I only knew two of the seven people I went down with, but had a splendid day with all. I could write more, but I must away to finish preparing for Parent Teacher Conference. Yippee, I'll be here for just under four more hours! Good thing I went swimming this morning to get all my squirmy worms out (hopefully they're really all gone!); I'm not very good at sitting in one place for more than 27 minutes.

No comments: