Tuesday, March 17, 2009

flickering headlamp

i biked to school today. i know i likely overuse the word lovely, but that's precisely what it was--lovely. it was lovely to be on the road with my thoughts. it was lovely to be up before the sun. it was lovely to feel tears fall and know their falling had nothing to do with the state of my heart but everything to do with the canyon wind. it is lovely knowing i'll bike home in the warm sunshine this afternoon.

it takes me about 35 minutes from my house to my school. that's only 15-18 minutes longer than it takes to drive. it's a nice, fresh wake-up. plus, i don't have to use gas in my car when i bike into school. i did pretty well at the beginning of the school year to bike in every friday. my new goal is to bike in every tuesday and friday (or at least twice a week...weather depending). as long as the weather's nice and i don't have to kill my bike by drenching it in rain, then i think my new goal ought to work.

oh, i love my bike. mine's not as clean and pristine right now as the one below, but don't you just adore the orange and cream? my lovely creamcycle...

i stole this image from here

i can't believe this: only two and a half months of school left!

No comments: