Thursday, March 19, 2009

oh my my. oh hell yes. honey, put on that party dress.

pardon my french, s'il vous plait, but these were the exact lyrics running through my head near the end of the crazy run i did yesterday with lisa. they were happy lyrics because i couldn't believe i'd actually made it. oh my my...

i go over to lisa's and see that she has a couple water bottles out on the counter. i start thinking, hmmm, where are we running today? we usually don't carry water with us because there's a water fountain to satiate some thirst when we make our way up provo canyon. she tells me that we're running up to rock canyon and then south along the bonneville shoreline trail (pic snagged from this site). i brace myself and start thinking positive "you can do it" thoughts.

there's no no no way i could have pushed through all that by myself; lisa's amazing. we ran all the way to slate canyon from good ole 2950 n. the whole run took about an hour and forty minutes and had to be pushing 11 miles. it was lovely for the most part and sinfully wicked on a couple steep hills. man. it was almost summer sunshine and heat. it was catharsis. it was food for a solid night's sleep.

and now it's thursday. time to get going on grading. some numbers: 17 school days till spring break, 16 days till arlette's due date, less than 2 months till the ogden half marathon, 10 weeks till europe. still finding joy in the journey despite my excitement for these upcoming events.

love, peace, happiness.

No comments: