Friday, August 28, 2009

happy friday

I've almost made it through my first full week of school. Hurray for me. Happy moments of this week have included:
  • Soft rain falling on me the last third of my ride to school Tuesday. If I wouldn't have been on my bike, I wouldn't have enjoyed the smell or feel.
  • Seeing Shanna and Crystal and baby Marlee.
  • Swimming outside with Ma and Lisa yesterday. So peaceful.
  • Running 10 with Lisa Wednesday. I haven't gone longer than a 6 since I did my half marathon.
  • Huge slip and slide Monday night.
  • Finishing I Am the Messenger (for the second time, yes, it's just that good, to me).
  • Students saying thank you at the end of class. I still don't know what merits their thanks, but it's grand to have kind and thoughtful students.
  • This Andrew Bird collection that Jess posted on her blog. I cannot stop listening to it.
Happy almost weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Andrew Bird. This is one of my favorites. I'm stealing it to remember it forever. Thank you for being a source of such wondrous music!

Anonymous said...

YAY! How is school going? Man, I keep wishing teachers would say it gets less busy the longer you teach, but I keep hearing the opposite! Hope everything is going well for you! We need to play frisbee again soon ;)