Sunday, August 2, 2009

watercoloring

I hope this trend of going to bed past midnight and not being able to sleep past 5:07 in the morning doesn't continue. I don't know why I haven't been able to sleep longer (today and yesterday). Oh well, it just happens sometimes, so there's not much I can do about it. No complaints.
I thought I'd share a picture of one of my most recent colorings. I've been giving away The Book Thief for people's birthdays of late. I usually watercolor a bookmark and write a note on the other side to stick inside the book.The above's a little example of what one of those bookmarks might look like. Most of them are a little more abstract than this house on a hill. I'm no pro at it, but it's rather relaxing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- you are so good! You need to teach me!

Nikki said...

YAY!!! I got one...I am loving it so far. I loved talking with you this past weekend. i just love you lynny. Oh and I love the shot of your butt in the pic

Julie said...

Impressive . . . if we move back, will you paint me one ;-).