Sunday, August 23, 2009

speaking of wetsuits

I raced the Jordanelle triathlon yesterday. I'm not sure I want to bore anyone with the details, but it was fabulous and fun. I finished third in my age group. I don't know my splits because they weren't posted. Sad. But I was about two minutes off my Yuba time from last September. Not bad for taking of a luxurious month in Europe. Then again, I don't quite know how much I can compare the two races because the courses differ. I guess we'll see, though, because I'm doing Yuba in three weeks.

Happy new week!

PS: School's going well. My students behaved themselves quite well the first two days. We shall see how this week goes. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Judd & Leslie Zimmerman said...

Yay! Sounds fabulous. I would love to do tri's but alas water and I don't get along.... I tend to sink... rather quickly.

Deanna said...

You ROCK!

What subject do you teach?

Tamber said...

Glad you had fun at your Triathlon. Do you know where you can rent a wetsuit? I went for a lake swim the other day and got a mild case of hypothermia...haha...dumb of me not to use a wetsuit. I cant buy one right now, but I want to rent one for my triathlon next month.