Tuesday, August 25, 2009

how could i forget?


Now I don't want to jinx the future, but Neil Young has been a part of my last two races. Back in May I started the Ogden half marathon with a live band jamming out "Long May You Run."

And I can't believe I failed to mention that there was a band at the finish of my triathlon Saturday. As I was on the last quarter mile or so of my run, what did I happen to hear? Sweet strains of "Heart of Gold."

They pump me up so much, those songs of Neil. Sigh.

I doubt there will be a live band at the Yuba triathlon as there wasn't one last year, but here's to hoping that when I next race to the tune of a live band, they'll be playing one of Shakey's songs.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Neil Young is simply one of The Best. Love it.

Julie said...

Did you ever see "Heart of Gold" like I told you to? It's a religious experience - treat yourself my friend!